Saturday, April 13, 2013

Shalom!

(Jackie is P2 this year...)

On a thunderstorm morning...Jackie walked into my room.

Jackie: Mummy, will the plants die? The rain is beating so hard on their leaves.
Mummy: I don't know, may be.... are you worried?
Jackie: Yah.... (And she walked out of my room.)

After 10 minutes...she walked into my room again.
Jackie: I said "solemn" to the rain and the rain stopped.
Mummy: What do you mean?
Jackie: My Sunday school teacher told us his story. One day he wanted to go out of the house but it was raining too heavily. He said "solemn" to the rain and it stopped. Just now, I said "solemn" and the rain really stopped.
Mummy: Oh, you mean "Shalom"?
Jackie (sheepishly): Oh, yes, it is "Shalom".....say wrongly also can?

A few days later...on our way to the Sunday School class room...
The teachers were seen greeting to the parents: Good morning, Shalom!" "Shalom!"
Jackie (to herself, looking puzzled): But there is no rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment